Friday, October 21, 2011

It's Raining on Clarence


During the winter of 2008 to early 2009, I spent my days creating puppets for my upcoming animation I would be doing in my Puppet Animation Independent Study Class.

Clarence (2.5' x 1', Skeleton:cardboard, wire, epoxy joints.  Outer:floral foam, fabric, acrylic paint)

Umbrella (6" x 4", wood, fabric, clay, acrylic paint)
 
I had come up with an ironic thought early in my education involving a tree with no leaves that just wanted to be shielded from the rain.  What would be the perfect shelter from the rain? An umbrella!

It’s Raining on Clarence is an animation about Clarence, a tree, who asks his poor, broken-footed friend to help him get out of the rain.  This animation is done in all stop-motion techniques with an original Foley soundtrack.




Copyright Danielle Albert 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment