Thursday, May 17, 2012

One plue Nine plus Eight plus Seven

In just a few days, Nato will be happening in the city of Chicago.  I have already planned on bunkering down for the entire weekend and only leaving for extreme necessities.
There is a part of me that would enjoy seeing some smoke rising from the Chicago skyline seen from my apartment but that is a very small part of me.  Mainly for the pure satisfaction that this thing has been hyped way too much and we all know nothing will really happen.

While at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, I would take sculpture classes to get my mind off the tedious job of animating.  In 2008, I took a hand building ceramics class that let us build anything we wanted out of clay.

For my final, I created an installation piece titled “One Plus Nine Plus Eight Plus Seven”.  Adding these numbers up, it will equal twenty-five.  I decided to make twenty-five ceramic boxes each representing a specific time in my life based on color.  The darker the color, the harder the year was for me emotionally and spiritually.  They were hung on the wall indicating my ever growing life.


And yes, I realize this art piece has absolutely NOTHING to do with Nato. 
;-)

Copyright Danielle Albert 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment