Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Will Fill You In...

I figured maybe I should fill you in on my life besides that little poem I wrote.
I grew up in a creative family with artists, singers, and musicians.  I started singing real young and joined my first official choir in the third grade.  I found my love in theatre where I studied and performed in it until the end of high school.  There was a time where I wanted to go to college for acting but come junior year of high school I realized I loved making the props and set more than the actually acting side of theatre.  I started taking art classes then and found my love in that.

I took a college visit to The School of the Art Institute of Chicago summer of 2005.  I got to stay in their dorms and go through a nice orientation to understand The School.  To check in for the weekend, we needed to go to the 17th floor (the top floor; a quarter of a city block) studio in the dorm located in the heart of downtown Chicago.  When I stepped off that elevator and opened the doors, I knew this was where I needed to be.

I got accepted a few months later and I cried.
Photobucket


At S.A.I.C., I started my education with film and video.  I realized editing was what I loved mostly about that process.  I finally took animation classes come my second year where I studied traditional, stop-motion/puppet, and 3D computer animation.  During this, I would take random sculpture classes to give myself a break from the tedious job of animating.  I have always loved sculpting and mix-media art so it is understandable why puppet /stop-motion animation became my real passion.  There is nothing more fun than making puppets and sets for a stop-motion film.

Sometimes I would even just build tiny sets and never end up animating them.  I enjoy it that much.  I also found that creating my own Foley sound effects was a joy of mine too.  All my films have original sound effects created by mixing and creating Foley.

My last year at The School I finally intertwined my singing with my animations.  My senior year B.F.A. thesis animation was an 11-minute stop-motion film with an original song in the credits.

And From the Glass the Flowers Grow
And From the Glass the Flowers Grow (Abridged Music Video)


Copyright Danielle Albert 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment